Steve J Bicknell Tel 01202 025252
There have been several tax changes in the Budget:
- Changes to Personal Allowances –
The Personal Allowance is the amount of income you can earn before you start paying Income Tax. This is currently £10,600 – it will already rise to £11,000 in 2016, and will now increase further to £11,500 in April 2017.
The point at which you pay the higher rate of Income Tax will increase from £42,385 to £43,000 in 2016 and to £45,000 in April 2017.
- Employment Allowance – The employment allowance is £3,000 but there is a restriction on it being used by single person companies.
- Dividend Tax -From April 2016 you’ll pay tax on any dividends you receive over £5,000 at the following rates:
- 7.5% on dividend income within the basic rate band
- 32.5% on dividend income within the higher rate band
- 38.1% on dividend income within the additional rate band
This simpler system…
View original post 242 more words